Thursday, July 25, 2013

I have been trying to write about the necessity of an intersectional perspective to autistic self-actualization-

And then I saw this:



At the Society for Disability Studies last weekend, I had a very important conversation in one of my sessions that was centered primarily on what is intersectional about autistic culture.

http://thatautisticthatnewtownforgot.blogspot.com/2013/07/whats-postmodern-about-autistic-culture.html

This is completely different from where I was going, which is the impossibility of understanding social behavior rationally without understanding the system of imbalanced power networks that underlie it. Maybe I can excuse that by saying that I'm coming from a clinical perspective: how to convince Johnny's  parents that they have to understand intersectionality in order to understand their son. But this is much sweeter: an inquiry into why we produce intersectional postmodernism by the conditions of our being. A feast of pride, for those of us carping about being on the right side of history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment